Why Gulmarg is famous?
Famed as the highest 18 hole golf course in the world, the Gulmarg Golf Course is also the longest in India. It is very beautiful and consists of a meadow with various varieties of beautiful and rare species of flowers.
- Location: Baramulla, Kashmir.
- Timings: 10 am to 4.30 pm. Closed on Sundays.
- When to visit: Year-round activities, but best during the winter (equipment is available on hire).
Gulmarg Golf Course
- Location: Outer Gulmarg Link, Gulmarg.
- Timings: 8 am to 10 pm.
- When to visit: Best during the summer if you want to especially enjoy the course. Avoid it completely during the winter.
Gulmarg Winter Music and Adventure Festival
- Location: Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir.
- When to visit: End of January. Be sure to carry warm clothing and footwear.
- Location: Alpather Lake, Gulmarg.
- When to visit: Gorgeous all year round but more to do in the summer.
Gulmarg Children’s Park
- Location: Children’s Park, Gulmarg.
- When to visit: All day, but there are fewer outdoor activities during the winter months.
- Location: Between Nurpur and Chinamarg Pass, Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir.
- When to visit: March to October is when it’s easier to get around and is also fishing season.
Special Food to try out:
- Dum Aloo.
- Guchhi Pulaao.
- Kong phirin.